A morning with inspirational guest presenters, an afternoon of activities, workshops and play. Join us for the next step of our Spark the Park project.
Spark the Park is supported by the Fa’side Area Partnership.
3a Winton Place
The Fraser Centre is a modern, accessible building.
9am – 11.45am
- Join us from 9am for registration and welcome teas and coffees, ready to begin the seminar at 9.30am.
- Creative break out space facilitated by our favourite Play Radical, Max Alexander, will be available all day.
- The seminar closes at 11.45am (in time to pick up any children from school!)
- The Fraser Centre cafe is open if you would like to stay for lunch.
We’re so excited to welcome Catherine Street Inclusive Play Park to East Lothian. Manager Lisa Callander-Bone and Chair of Trustees Andy Zieleniec will share the story of the transformation from a tired, neglected park, through a careful design process and asset transfer all the way to the Catherine Street featuring as a case study of global good practice!
CanDo‘s Kirsty Milne will share learning from the ELPA and CanDo partnership for inclusive community-based play – PlayCan. Bringing in the perspectives of children and young people with additional support needs and their families, PlayCan is running open access play sessions to find out what spaces, places and ideas work to widen access to outdoor play.
You can learn more about Catherine Street Inclusive Play Park here:
You can learn more about CanDo here:
1pm – 3.30pm
(NO BOOKING REQUIRED)
- Our Spark the Park day continues in the afternoon with free workshops, community play activities and Tent Talk!
- Fun, flexible & natural play resources for everyone is to use.
- Loose parts play, hammocks, park art and more! Our resources and activities are designed to be inclusive and suitable for everyone in the family.
- Explore, linger and play in the space.
Who is the afternoon session for?
Seating and Benches
Things to be aware of at the green space:
- Wrap up warm for the weather. We‘ll have active games to keep warm and a tent for shelter. We also have spare jackets and gloves if you forget to bring yours or need an extra layer!
- The space is open to members of the public, who may have dogs with them.
- One edge of the space opens onto the road at Lindores Drive. Our activities will be based further up the space away from this road.
- There is a busy road between the green space and The Fraser Centre. Please be careful when crossing the road.